Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend projects

I had so many projects that I needed to work on this weekend - both scrappy and personal. The personal stuff included some furniture rearrangement in my bedroom - so my roomie can get to the balcony door and put her ferns out on the porch - and getting ready for the new Toastmasters term of office. I've been on my own all weekend as my roomie went north to visit her brother. No worries, as I've pretty much graduated to not using the crutches. Life is getting better.

As for my scrapping projects....

Created these for several challenges.

Over at YMBD, it's week 2 of the 92 days of summer. One of the DT ladies has been providing a sketch as inspiration, and this is my rendition for this week.



Journaling reads: (Upper right) There is life outside my walls! 3) My scrappy table 2) Dinner with NAWIC friends 5) Movie: Imagine That! with Susan. (Lower left) 1) View from my window 6) We have figs! 7) Awesome blossom. (Lower right) 4) Mama feeding.

Day 4 was a difficult shot to take - tried a couple of times to catch it naturally, but that mama was just too quick; so I used the video feature, then slowed it down enough to capture her entrance to the vent tubing.


Another challenge is the Saturday Blog Challenge at YMBD. Here is the original:



And here is my take on this challenge. I took some liberties - like turning it on the side, and flipping the angles, and adding more little circles. But that's the purpose of the challenge - to make it your own - it is for inspiration.



The last challenge I did this weekend was for Use Your Stash, but I don't think I qualified - I think I was late posting to the blog. Oh Well, I still had fun creating the card.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog as part of the SAS blog hop! I wanted to wish you good luck. :)
    And I love that digi page you posted here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed reading about my hobby and love of scrapbooking.