Now think about it if you are in a war zone! No way to buy presents to send home. So, what's a soldier to do? Run to Wal-Mart or Walgreens for a card. Not really.
So, Cards for Heroes comes to the rescue. This is a really great organization that collects cards from scrapbookers like me, and ships them overseas to miliary bases for distribution to any soldier that wants them. The cards can be for any occassion: Birthday, Anniversary, Get Well, and Holiday. The soldiers can pick what they want, and then send them home postage free!
For me, making the cards gives me a great sense of patriotism, since I know what these young men and women are sacrificing! If I can create something that will give them a good fuzzy feeling, and make their loved one happy too, then I can only feel good about the time and love I put into my cards.
You can read more about this organization here:
This weekend the organization is sponsoring another blog hop in order to encourage others to get creative.
Here is information about this mini-hop:
Be sure you come back on Saturday, cause I'll be posting some really special treats!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed reading about my hobby and love of scrapbooking.