Sunday, April 26, 2009

IRL (In Real Life) Crop

This weekend, I've been at a Scrapbook Store in San Antonio (Scrapbook Cottage), where my dd and I had a blast scrapping until midnight both Friday and Saturday night. All of the Cottage Chicks are absolutely awesome. I miss scrapping with them on a regular basis. They have been my inspiration and mentors in the past, and been absolutely wonderful about showing me how to use new tools and techniques.

And now it's my turn. Yesterday, I had almost my entire table covered in tools - pic printer, cricut with two jukeboxes full of carts, and of course my laptop. I have Design Studio on my laptop, and my dd was asking for help on one of her projects. The Cottage Chicks were all saying they have it, but don't really use it, mainly because they don't know how.

I was showing them some of the designs and cards where I used my Cricut and Design Studio to create Paper Dolls, and Shaped Cards, and all kinds of different fonts. One of the Cottage Chicks (on the store DT) even asked me to 'recreate' a sentiment for a card class they are having next month!

So now the good news, in June I will be a guest instructor at the Cottage to show the staff and selected 'family members' how to use Design Studio. I'm so excited. I'll probably use some of the examples I've already shared with my cyber friends, but I also want to come up with new ideas. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Later this week, I'll be posting some samples of the work I created this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed reading about my hobby and love of scrapbooking.